[seqfan] Re: Counting permutations

wouter meeussen wouter.meeussen at pandora.be
Fri Nov 4 18:21:51 CET 2011

I agree that 2-dim arrays are hard to search.

As to your main question,
p(n,m) ways to choose numbers  from 1 .. m with sum *exactly* n
looks like the partitions of n with largest part <=m.

But you didn't specify if the "ways to choose" are ordered or orderless,
nor if repeats are allowed or not.

Could you clarify with an example?

Wouter.