[seqfan] Re: Integral sets of points (A007285, A096872 and A096873)

Sascha Kurz sascha.kurz at uni-bayreuth.de
Thu Nov 17 07:26:59 CET 2011

I agree with Robert. To keep it consistent it would not add a(1), a(2) to
A096872 and A096873 either.

It would be indeed more precise to state that not all points are on a line
and to explain the term "integral set".

Even the existence of A096873(8) is an open problem.

If the suggested three additional sequences are considered to be
interesting I may compute or look up the values and submit them.

BTW: Some literature may be added, e.g.
A007285,A096872:
* S. Kurz and A. Wassermann: On the minimum diameter of plane integral
point sets, Ars Combinatoria, Vol. 101 (2011), Pages 265-287

A096873:
* T. Kreisel and S. Kurz: There are integral heptagons, no three points on
a line, no four on a circle, Discrete and Computational Geometry Vol. 39
Issue 4 (2008), Pages 786-790
* J. Solymosi and F. de Zeeuw: On a Question of Erdős and Ulam,
Discrete and Computational Geometry Vol. 43 Issue 2 (2010), Pages 393-401

Best wishes,
Sascha