[seqfan] Re: a last-minute entry for the A200000 race

Jon Wild wild at music.mcgill.ca
Wed Nov 23 05:24:25 CET 2011

Benoît,

I just adjusted my program to enumerate meanders on an (n,k) grid. Using
your nomenclature, I found that T(n,3) is given by A078008, the expansion
of (1-x)/(1-x-2*x^2). (I'll add a comment to A078008.) And this is
interesting: S(n,3) is given by A090597, which "arises from a conjecture
about sequence of rational links with n crossings". (I'll add a comment
here, too.)

T(n,4) starts 4, 42, 199, 858, 3881, 17156... , which is not in the oeis.
Neither is S(n,4).

I'll compile proper entries for the S(n,k) and T(n,k) sequences in the
next few days. I also just realised a big speed-up in my program so I
should be able to get a bit farther in all the sequences.

--Jon