[seqfan] Re: automated discovery of unknown formulae

Peter Luschny peter.luschny at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 25 20:44:16 CEST 2011

>ML: The simple truth is, that, there are many trivial and lengthy b-fiiles
>ML: and there are many trivial sequences/editings/programs etc. etc,

One of the nice things about OEIS is that it is so easy to ignore the
uninteresting sequences. One only has to abstain from searching for them.

>ML: and look, many of us (me, e.g.) aint  professional mathematicians/programmers
>ML: and can't solve (and set!) any serious problem themselves.

This does not really matter. Still they can help to bring significant
sequences to the OEIS. For example from

V. I. Arnold, Experimental observation of mathematical facts (Russian)

** 1,4,1,16,16,64,1,128,256,1024,256, [Offset 2, page 56]
** The triangle on page 103
** The center of the triangle
   0,36,68,96,120,140,156,168,176, [Offset 0, page 103]

Unfortunately my Russian is a little bit rusty. But maybe you can help?

Peter