[seqfan] Re: qlog in R

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Sat Oct 15 15:37:45 CEST 2011

OK, so I typed up my program and was all ready to send it to you when lo
and behold
it worked. I hate those Schroedinger bugs (bugs that manifest/go away
when the code
is observed). Now I feel a bit like Emily Litella ("Oh. Never mind").

I was able to make the qlog plot work in for A122803 (powers of -2). The
negative values
in that sequence are large enough to uncover a bug in a simplistic asinh
implementation,
but I don't see any problems, so I must have been doing something else
wrong in my
testing, what I don't know. I was fiddling with some function
definitions, and may have
corrupted some variables (R doesn't have local variables), yeah, that's it.

So attached please find the program with a qlog plot in place of the log
plots. I know
that Russ requested that the qlog plot be added below the log plot, but
I couldn't figure
out how to make that happen.