[seqfan] Re: easy

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 22:28:54 CEST 2011

While I agree with your point 1), I disagree with removing the keyword. I
think that what needs to be done is to gradually identify those sequences
that ought to have it and add it as we encounter those sequences.

Al

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 7:20 PM, <franktaw at netscape.net> wrote:

> While we're on the subject, I would like to suggest removing the "easy"
> keyword.
>
> 1) Current application is very hit or miss. There are tens of thousands of
> easy sequences that do not have the keyword.
> 2) I don't know what it's good for. Why would anyone every search for
> "easy" (or not "easy")? Leaving aside the current searches for anomalies
> like "easy" and "more".
> 3) Showing that a sequence is easy is better done with a comment, formula,
> or program, so that one can see why it is easy.
>
> Franklin T. Adams-Watters

Alonso del Arte
Author at SmashWords.com<https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/AlonsoDelarte>
Musician at ReverbNation.com <http://www.reverbnation.com/alonsodelarte>