[seqfan] Re: a partition sequence

William Keith william.keith at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 00:09:49 CEST 2011

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 10:22 PM, David Newman <davidsnewman at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'd like someone to check my numbers before I propose this sequence.
>
> Let a(n) be the number of planar partitions whose summands are
> distinct going across rows and have distinct frequencies going down
> columns.

You'd better be more precise.  I understand this as near as I can to mean
that each row consists of distinct summands, and the list of frequencies of
summands in each column (other than an infinite set of 0s) is a list of
distinct numbers for each summand.  However:

3 3

There are two 3s in this partition, and the list of frequencies of 3s in
each column is 1 and 1.

So either there's something off with your calculations or I didn't
understand your definition.

William Keith