[seqfan] Re: Poster mentioning OEIS

israel at math.ubc.ca israel at math.ubc.ca
Wed Oct 5 20:42:24 CEST 2011

Usually when some knowledge is lost, we aren't quite sure what it was
(otherwise it wasn't really lost). The exception is when it wasn't lost
permanently, but reappears. A good example, perhaps, is the Archimedes
palimpsest (see <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes_Palimpsest>).

Robert Israel                                israel at math.ubc.ca
Department of Mathematics        http://www.math.ubc.ca/~israel
University of British Columbia            Vancouver, BC, Canada