[seqfan] Re: Primes in Pi, E, and the Golden Ratio

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 17:11:55 CEST 2011

Since you've thought of these, it is reasonable to assume that others will
if they haven't already and will look them up in the OEIS.

However, the interest of the general public is mostly focused on pi, and
those are probably the likeliest to be looked up, the ones that people will
expect the OEIS to have. So I think you should go ahead with those for pi
for 2, 3, 7, 8 and 9. But maybe hold off on those for e or phi if there
isn't anything else about them that piques your own interest.

Al

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Harvey P. Dale <hpd1 at nyu.edu> wrote:

>        The OEIS contains 19 sequences which have in common that (1)
> they derive from the decimal expansion of pi, E, or the Golden Ratio,
> and (2) they consist of primes from merging n-number of consecutive
> digits in such decimal expansions.  The n ranges from n = 2 digits to
> n=9 digits.  Within those constraints, the sequences that are not in the
> OEIS are those for pi to 2, 3, 7, 8, or 9 digits.
>
>        Would there be any interest in submitting sequences for those
> missing n-digit lengths?
>
>        Would there be any interest in submitting sequences for any
> other (e.g., 10, 11, 12) n-digit lengths?
>
>        Would there be any interest in submitting sequences for any
> other important constants?  If so, which?
>
>        Best,
>
>        Harvey

Alonso del Arte
Author at SmashWords.com<https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/AlonsoDelarte>