[seqfan] Re: A198161 through A198177

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Sat Oct 22 01:30:53 CEST 2011

There are actually two different sequences for each xx > 1: one allows
leading zeros, and the other does not. The sequences in the database
include both variants for values of xx, but others have only one or the
other, not always the same one.

I am in the process of submitting A198187: Primes from the decimal
expansion of pi, sorted first by the final digit index and then by
length. This falls into the category of "I'm surprised it wasn't
already there." (This sequence does not allow leading zeros, as this
would just duplicate those primes preceded by zeros.)

I will submit similar sequences for e, phi, and sqrt(2).

Franklin T. Adams-Watters