[seqfan] Re: Chewing an old bone

Peter Luschny peter.luschny at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 25 12:26:46 CEST 2011

>Benoît: Finally, I still agree that the qlog plot is a very nice addition.

If it is not an addition and I had to choose between 'log' and 'qlog'
I would prefer 'qlog'.

>Charles: Conceivably, A039834 would be an example, as it's useful to see that
the absolute value of the ratio of successive terms is approximately
constant.  But for the most part I think qlog gives everything log abs
gives and more.

You can immediately conjecture from looking at the qlog-plot of A039834
the behaviour of the log-plot.

The more subtle cases make the difference.

>From the log-plot of A153641 I could not infer that the values spread
like a binary tree from the left hand side to the right hand side.
However, this can be guessed from the qlog-plot. For me this was an
inspiring information.

Peter