[seqfan] Re: Primes in Pi, E, and the Golden Ratio

Jack Brennen jfb at brennen.net
Fri Oct 21 10:27:02 CEST 2011

I was going to suggest that the Euler-Mascheroni constant (0.577215...) is
in the same class, then I remembered that unlike the others, we don't even
know if it's irrational.  I guess that makes it in a class of its own, and
maybe even more worthy of study?

That being said, I don't think that studying the primes in the decimal
expansion of the constant is going to lead to a proof of irrationality
or transcendentality.