[seqfan] Re: Chewing an old bone

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Tue Oct 25 17:44:32 CEST 2011

I agree that there are cases where log(|.|+1) provides useful
information that the qlog plot does not. I serious doubt that there are
"many" such examples. So, as I see it, the choice is between keeping an
alternative useful in only a handful of cases, or eliminating it and
cutting down on the confusion for users. From that formulation, you can
guess which I prefer.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters