[seqfan] Re: suggestion for a competition?

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Thu Oct 27 23:09:04 CEST 2011

I would also be willing to judge.

Most of the suggestions, other than "best new sequence", could be
lumped together under the heading "best modification of an existing
sequence".

Would we have the new/modified sequences submitted in the usual way, or
would we want some special mechanism? In the former case, it  may
entail a lot of work for the editors - hard to say how much, since it
depends on how wide an audience the article reaches. That doesn't
necessarily mean we shouldn't do it that way, but we need to be
prepared.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters