[seqfan] unpleasant emails concerning certain B. polynomials

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Sat Sep 10 05:17:32 CEST 2011

Dear Sequence Fans and Editors,

Back in 2009 when I was handling all the OEIS editing
myself, there was a controversy about sequences that were
submitted to the OEIS that were based on the so-called Boubaker
polynomials. After a while I started receiving extremely unpleasant
emails from a certain person.

They were so unpleasant and upsetting that I used
my email program to divert emails from this person into a special file,
so that I did not have to read them.

It seems that now the OEIS is a wiki, this person has resumed sending
nasty email messages, not just to me now, but to other sequence fans
and editors. I apologize to anyone who has received such emails.
I can only suggest that you do as I do, and put anything he sends
into a special file (and don't read it).

Neil
.