[seqfan] Re: Most efficient algorithm for selecting divisors of an abundant number?

israel at math.ubc.ca israel at math.ubc.ca
Mon Sep 5 06:11:31 CEST 2011

Given a set S of positive integers and a positive integer N, the problem of
selecting a subset whose sum is N is the "subset sum problem". This is
NP-complete, but there is, for example, a pseudo-polynomial-time dynamic
programming algorithm which works quite well if N is not too big. See e.g.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subset_sum_problem>

Robert Israel                                israel at math.ubc.ca
Department of Mathematics        http://www.math.ubc.ca/~israel
University of British Columbia            Vancouver, BC, Canada