[seqfan] Re: On editors-authors discussions

peter.luschny peter.luschny at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 9 12:32:55 CEST 2011

> Paolo Lava: The most “creative” question I received was: “Who will ever
> look at this sequence?”.

This /is/ an important question which every author should pose to himself.
If the author has no answer it might be better not to submit.
If he has an answer he can give it to the editors too; even better he could
make it clear to every potential reader by explaining the significance right
in the comments or by the formulas or by the references.

> Paolo Lava: The most “creative” question I received was: “Who will ever
> look at this sequence?”.

>From another point of view: Isn't this the most crucial question for you
as an author? Just dumping some integers to a database is not what you want.

As an author you want to be read, right? And you are interested to see
comments and formulas to be added. So you have to advertise your sequences.
For instance you could write an article for the journal of integer sequences;
or perhaps just start writing about them on a blog and link to it.

Or even to be bold like this guy and use twitter to inform your friends:
http://twitter.com/#!/sequitter