[seqfan] Re: Sirag numbers.

allouche at math.jussieu.fr allouche at math.jussieu.fr
Fri Sep 30 07:08:49 CEST 2011

2-automatic sequences (or more generally k-automatic sequences) are
instances of "automatic sequences": see, e.g., the MR classification
11B85, or ---without wanting to make exaggerated self-advertisement---
see http://www.cambridge.org/fr/knowledge/isbn/item1170556/?site_locale=fr_FR

Also note that a sequence is k-automatic if and only if it is both
k-regular and takes finitely many values.

For a question with slightly the same flavor as Sirag numbers, see, e.g.,
DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4419-6263-8_14

best
jean-paul