[seqfan] A159580 easy, more

Sean A. Irvine sairvin at xtra.co.nz
Fri Sep 30 11:01:34 CEST 2011

A159580 is one of the sequences listed easy,more. It seems to be derived
somehow from A159577. But after studying A159577, I think it is an
erroneous duplicate of A116536.  I have had a response from the author
of A159577 and he cannot recall exactly what he was doing.

I quote a small piece from his email to me:

----
I can’t run UBASIC myself anymore. I don’t recall noticing A116536 when
I did mine, but it was first in time (I see also a note that it had been
changed).

As to 2/2 being valid, You may be right. I operated on the theory that a
product must have at least two terms and the same for a sum.

I think my title explains what I did, along with the example. Don’t know
about the other – maybe both can be amplified. It appears that I did
begin with 2 for each term.
----

This is the first time I have encountered this kind of discrepancy in
OEIS, so I'm not sure what the proper procedure is for resolving this
kind of potential error.

Sean.