[seqfan] Re: A005043 - bijection sought

David Scambler dscambler at bmm.com
Wed Apr 18 01:42:53 CEST 2012

Let me clarify,

I refer to paths of semilength 2n and ascents and descents of exactly length 2.

e.g. n=2, semilength = 4, total length = 8.

UUDUUDDD  2 up, 1 down, 2 up, 3 down. Ascents are length 2; descents are length 1 and 3 respectively.

Empirically the counts match A005043 up to a(12) = 4213, if I am not mistaken.

dave