[seqfan] Re: Primes from Indices of Pi and E

Veikko Pohjola veikko at nordem.fi
Wed Apr 25 09:00:23 CEST 2012

Encyclopedia as a survey of integer sequences is different from that of the
words of a natural language in that the number of words is not infinite.
That is why the latter can be comprehensive but the former cannot. From the
user's point of view it is highly desirable that all possible entries are
included but that cannot be the goal with an encyclopedia of sequences. My
concern was rather would it be possible to rationalize OEIS such that both
the user and a potential contributor were guided to a higher level of
hierarchy to search for the potential sequence class or the super-sequence
from which he could make his own reasoning as for the nature of his entry.
Veikko Pohjola