[seqfan] Re: xkcd today

Robert Munafo mrob27 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 07:17:43 CEST 2012

Welll... to be more precise --

-- It puts me on equal standing with "Mathematica" and "Trial-and-Error"  (-:

Which, come to think of it, is kind of how approach a lot of the
emails I get from people who believe they have found the exact formula
for the Fine Structure constant.

    We all aspire to be Mathematica,
        but often the best we can manage is Trial-and-Error.

It was to address such an emailer (regarding the area of the
Mandelbrot set, see A098403) that I started RIES, early in February
2000.

- Robert

--
  Robert Munafo  --  mrob.com
  Follow me at: gplus.to/mrob - fb.com/mrob27 - twitter.com/mrob_27 -