[seqfan] Re: Slicing a tetrahedron

Veikko Pohjola veikko at nordem.fi
Tue Aug 7 19:10:27 CEST 2012

Ed,
Your sequence A = {1,5,15,34,65,111,175,...}is not the sum of number of
up-tetras, down-tetras and octas of all sizes, and thus it is not what is
looked for here. It lists only the sum of number of those of the smallest
size. Similar sequences are obtained for those of the second smallest size,
third smallest, and so on. Summing up the number of all sizes of all the
three types of polyhedra would give {1,6,20,50,104,193,329,526,...}. Of
course we have corresponding sequences for each type separately.
It appears that this puzzle has not been treated fully by others. So I will
consider submitting the sequences to OEIS.
Regards,
Veikko