[seqfan] Submitting a sequence with a similar sequence already in the OEIS

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Tue Dec 4 20:48:43 CET 2012

There was discussion a few days ago about whether to add a sequence
which was the transformation a(n) ->a(n)^2 + a(n) of an existing
sequence. Along those lines, I had started a sequence A219863 which is
a constant equal to 1 - A092553, and I was looking for advice on
whether I should submit it or scrap it.

There's lovely information available on the constant, and as a bonus
it first appeared in a chemistry journal (by the eminent Dr. Paul
Florey) rather than the more usual math or comp. sci. But of course
once I noticed A092553 I added the information there as well, so in
any case it does appear in some form in the OEIS.

Any thoughts or suggestions in this case?

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University