[seqfan] Desired: "number of representations on n as the sum of two squares and three biquadrates"

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 03:09:28 CET 2012

because we have a good paper on the asymptotics:

On Waring's problem: two squares and three biquadrates
John B. Friedlander, Trevor D. Wooley
(Submitted on 8 Nov 2012)

We investigate sums of mixed powers involving two squares and three
biquadrates. In particular, subject to the truth of the Generalised
Riemann Hypothesis and the Elliott-Halberstam Conjecture, we show that
all large natural numbers n with 8 not dividing n, n not congruent to
2 modulo 3, and n not congruent to 14 modulo 16, are the sum of 2
squares and 3 biquadrates.

Subjects:	Number Theory (math.NT)
MSC classes:	11P05, 11N36, 11P55
Cite as:	arXiv:1211.1823 [math.NT]
 	(or arXiv:1211.1823v1 [math.NT] for this version)
Submission history
From: Trevor Wooley [view email]
[v1] Thu, 8 Nov 2012 10:51:03 GMT (13kb)