[seqfan] How do you edit a b-file or other submitted file?

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Sun Feb 26 15:43:27 CET 2012

Or do you simply have to do a resubmission?

I ask this because when you upload a new b-file, the original b-file
remains and a new b-file with a nonstandard name is created.

On the one hand, this seems like a good idea because it preserves the
original b-file from subsequent accidental or purposeful corruption.

On the other hand, if you submit a bad file, it stays on the server
forever. Specifically, if you resubmit a b-file with minor changes (I
want to remove the first line of b079277.txt) the old one, however
voluminous, stays around (I think).

Is there a way to edit a b-file?