[seqfan] Re: A123712 and A178212

Paul D Hanna pauldhanna at juno.com
Fri Feb 10 00:11:09 CET 2012

Peter (off-list),
> CG> Why do we care about the number of nonzero entries on a given row?
> CG> What is the significance of the constant 16?

Obviously I did not do a good job of communicating the ideas in that sequence.
And of course I did not see all the patterns you and Maximilian have uncovered.

Yet, in spite of my obtuse presentation, you demonstrate how easily you can make sense out of intricate mathematical tapestry, as I've seen before in your insightful contributions to OEIS.

> Paul seems to have found a much more general and interesting relation
> with the matrix inverse of the triangle ([n/k]), n>=k>=1.
>
> Thus I think the real question is: What is going on in A123706, or
> what is the meaning of A123706(n,k) in arithmetical terms?

Your last question captures the essense of it all.
Thanks for your comments.
    Paul