[seqfan] A114682

Harvey P. Dale hpd1 at nyu.edu
Wed Feb 22 21:18:06 CET 2012

	I added a second Mathematica program to the above sequence, and
added a question in the discussion field also.  It is a general
question, asked here at least once before, but for which I am still
unsure of the proper answer: when a prior program (e.g., written in
Mathematica) requires loading a separate package, but the core of the
current version of the software (again, e.g., Mathematica) now
incorporates the necessary functions without requiring that any separate
package first be loaded, should the prior program be retained, should it
be replaced by an updated program, or should this sort of issue be
handled in some other manner?
	Best,
	Harvey