[seqfan] Re: A001476

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Sat Feb 25 21:07:54 CET 2012

I take it you are arguing that if "full" includes b-files, the meaning
of "fini" and "full" becomes more or less redundant, since almost all
"fini" sequences are "full" as well in the b-file sense.

Perhaps this is true, but I doubt it is universally so. It is not overly
difficult to specify very long finite sequences for which a full b-file
would not be practical. For example "Numbers not the sum of distinct 4th
powers".

My argument is that "full" meaning "all elements are in the OEIS (in the
STU lines or b-file)" is arguably more useful than "all element are in
the STU lines". At the very least, if "full" included b-files, then it
would be easy to identify candidates for b-file work: "fini" but not "full".