[seqfan] Wordnik site raises $12.8 million

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Sun Jan 1 19:14:44 CET 2012

Dear SeqFans, Today's NY Times has a story,
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/business/wordniks-online-dictionary-no-arbiters-please.html?_r=1
about a fairly new on-line dictionary called Wordnik (http://www.wordnik.com/)
 which "has raised $12.8 million in venture capital".
I assume it is run by a full-time paid staff, not by volunteers.
It is ".com", not a ".org" like us.

Thanks to everyone who made a donation to the OEIS last year.
We are hoping to build up a reserve fund, in case we have
to hire legal or editorial or technical help at some time
in the future. We have about $30K now, which is a long way
from that, although enough - unless things change drastically - to
cover our operating expenses for the next three years.

Happy New Year

Neil