[seqfan] Re: Early SeqFan archives

Olivier Gerard olivier.gerard at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 10:24:29 CEST 2012

Dear Members,

The more than 9700 messages of seqfan between October 2008 and today
have been reparsed on the seqfan server at

http://list.seqfan.eu/pipermail/seqfan/

I have chosen to do this because the older version of the mailing list
software
did not always separate and thread mails as well as the current one (this is
still not perfect, but better).

The bad consequence is that links from search engines (mainly google and
bing)
and from the OEIS blogs or wiki may be currently broken, because the mail
numbers
and so the urls have been regenerated from scratch.

To compensate this, I have installed a redirection so that an incorrect
link will bring you to the thread list of the correct month instead of an
error page.
It will make it easier to search and correct it in the linking page.

The good part is that these numbers are now final. I will not change them
anymore in the future and I intend to stay with this stable version of the
mailing and archiving software for a long time.

There are 97 links from the OEIS to this seqfan archives, with several
repetitions (several sequences pointing to the same seqfan message).
I will try to correct them all in the next few days. Helpers are
welcome. Please contact me to coordinate our efforts.

I will soon communicate about the the archives of seqfan for the 1998-2008
period.

With my best regards,

Olivier GERARD
Seqfan Mailing List administrator