[seqfan] Re: Prime signature of 1, and second signature

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Sun Jul 1 22:49:32 CEST 2012

To me, it's clear that the best definition of the prime signature is
that it is a multiset. But then, it is equally clear to me that
partitions should be defined as multisets, although the traditional
definition is otherwise.

Note, by the way, my definition of the signature of a partition in
A115621. (Since I submitted this sequence, I have come to realize that
this signature definition applies to any finite multiset, not just
partitions.) If we regard the factorization of a number as a multiset
of primes (another definition that seems obvious to me), the prime
signature is then the signature of the prime factorization.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters