[seqfan] Display of triangular arrays with a cap.

Peter Luschny peter.luschny at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 15:08:54 CEST 2012

I once wrote on this list (2011-March/007301) in
connection with Stirling triangles like these ones:

http://oeis.org/wiki/User:Peter_Luschny/IndexGeneralStirling1
http://oeis.org/wiki/User:Peter_Luschny/IndexGeneralStirling2

If consistency (and correctness) as well as the desirable
display as a triangular array is wanted one has to introduce
a new type of triangle (keyword 'tabl0'?)

0           a
1           b
2          c,d
3         e,f,g

I did not get a satisfying answer (there is no '0' column to
be ignored as someone suggested) nor was this problem
further discussed.

I just was confused again while looking at:

http://oeis.org/A091913

The definition and the data are correct, the display of all
tables is wrong and misleading. So all one can do now is to replace
the 'tabl' keyword by 'tabf'. On the other hand there is nothing funny
about theses tables and one certainly want to see the triangle
and the other table formats by just ignoring the first item of the
sequence.

The problem can obviously be easily solved: If the keyword 'tabl0'
is given the first entry of the data is to be suppressed before
the data is forwarded to the formatter.

Peter