[seqfan] Re: A085361

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Fri Jul 13 23:42:14 CEST 2012

Well my GP script does a thousand digits in a second on my old
machine, so it shouldn't be that hard. The real problem is that
Mathematica is trying to use too much precision, since it sees the
exact number 1 and tries to give a number with the desired number of
digits after that subtraction. Possibly just using -1.0 in place of -1
would make it run at a reasonable speed.

Sidenote: I don't think there's anything wrong with a program
returning a number for a cons sequence, nor do I see a problem with a
tabl or tabf program returning a table. Of course when your language
has a nice way to convert between forms it's probably best to do so,
as in this case.

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University