[seqfan] Re: Superseeker question + two interesting patterns

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Mon Jul 23 02:13:17 CEST 2012

Not so fast! For many of the OEIS users, the suggestion that a sequence
satisfies, say, a lgdegf recurrence is not a moment of enlightenment.
As with this case, many, perhaps most users have to spend several hours
trying to figure out what this means. This is fine if there is some
reasonable chance of an actual fit; but it seems to me that at least
those tests done by Superseeker that wind up doing a polynomial fit to
data should be so constrained.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters