[seqfan] Re: Keyword modifiers

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Wed Jul 25 20:59:49 CEST 2012

Yes, I actually prefer my earlier suggestion, too.

Note that F numbers would handle both irregular tables and rationals,
as well as complex integers (which could easily be added to the
keywords). But it also handles functions of tuples, rationals, and
Gaussians, none of which are readily handled by the approach under
consideration. I would rather see a more difficult but more complete
approach than a series of incremental advances that never reaches the
same level.

I am available to help with programming such a feature.

(By the way, the F in F numbers stands for "function"; the idea being
to represent as many types of discrete functions as we reasonably can.)

Franklin T. Adams-Watters

P.S. Thanks for the encouragement, Charles. I had almost given up on F
numbers due to the general lack of response.