[seqfan] Re: A generalized Gilbreath's conjecture, or "lizard's effect" for primes

Vladimir Shevelev shevelev at bgu.ac.il
Sat Jun 2 22:53:33 CEST 2012

Thanks, Maximilian, for your comment. In my experiment, I wanted to understand should we, with respect to Gilbreath's conjecture, consider the sequence of primes as a whole, or we can consider it with respect to all primes, beginning with p_N for arbitrary large N? Or, the same, is the behavior of the arbitrary far differences is the same as  the first ones? For me the absent of an aftereffect is not so trivial. The terms of my sequence (A212990) depend on sum of many different mutually influencing factors and  give a numerical characterization of the considered iterative process which sometimes quite unexpectedly changes depending on the initial p_N. Only in such a sense I said about a "generalization" of  Gilbreath's conjecture. It is better to say that I consider a (new?) interesting for me experiment concerning it.

Regards,
Vladimir