[seqfan] Re: A025597 computation

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Sun Jun 24 22:13:40 CEST 2012

Thanks to those who helped me test this formula.

I am confident that the values I submitted for A025597 were correct.
They were computed using integer arithmetic.

Ed Jeffrey verified that the formula agrees with my terms.

Wouter Meeussen's formula computations also verify my terms.

RGWv's computations disagree with mine at a couple of points.
Specifically, for a(10) Wouter and I have 20369 while RGWv has 20370. At
a(26) Wouter has 2083200939963715126 while RGWv has 2083200939963715125.
In both cases, RGWv's value is 1 smaller, which I would expect from
truncation of slightly low near-integer real values.

So I am going accept the formula as accurate and add it to A025597, and
I will also add Wouter's extension.

Again, thanks for the help.

- Dave Wilson