[seqfan] Re: A080605 Golomb seq samples extra 23

Kevin Ryde user42 at zip.com.au
Sat Jun 30 02:58:06 CEST 2012

benoit7848c at orange.fr (Benoit CLOITRE) writes:

> Some work is needed to got the asymptotic formula for a(n) in this
> case.

Do the asymptotics of the plain sequences, not the primes one, lead to
an exact value, or is there a good strategy for getting an exact value
that I missed?  I could see little sums 9+10+11+12 etc for the last or
second last level of repetition, and something with a cube for
sums-of-sums no doubt, but couldn't tell if that continued in an easy
enough way to calculate a single target a(n).