[seqfan] Re: True-False text sequence

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Sat Mar 3 02:15:28 CET 2012

On 1/22/2012 8:20 PM, Tanya Khovanova wrote:

Tanya describes the sequence

     a(n) = smallest k with A000788(k) >= n-1.

for which she gets

     1,2,3,4,4,5,6,6,7,7,8,8,8,9,10,10,...

whereas I get

     0,1,2,3,3,4,5,5,6,6,7,7,7,8,9,9,10,10,...

(I presume we are both indexing starting at 1).

Tanya's sequence is 1 larger than mine at each element. My sequence is
essentially A100922.

Tanya's sequence could arguably be an upper bound in the test-taking
puzzle, mine could not, since in mine, a(1) = 0, and you need to take a
1-question test at least once to know the answers.

Perhaps someone can sort this out.