[seqfan] Re: Primitive composite terms of sequence

Vladimir Shevelev shevelev at bgu.ac.il
Fri Mar 2 16:04:04 CET 2012

Dear seqfans,
Sorry, but my exaples in the previous message illustrate another definition of primitive composite terms which is, in my opinion, not less interesting. Therefore, I repeat my message in the following form:
"Let us call a composite term of INCREASING sequence {a(n)} primitive, if it is a product of  primes which are not in the sequence.  I believe that sequences of primitive composite terms of many sequences are of interest for OEIS. They arise, using the application of Eratosthenes-like algorithms for {a(n)}, therefore, they could be named also Eratosthenes pseudoprimes over {a(n)}. For example, the first two primitive composite terms for A002522 are 1157 and 1937; for A028387 they are 1891 and 2449, and I believe that there are infinitly many primitive composite terms for each of them.
Are similar sequences in OEIS? Other examples?"
Regards,
Vladimir