[seqfan] Re: Linked Open Data (LOD) and the OEIS

Antti Karttunen antti.karttunen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 20:00:47 CET 2012

Interesting suggestion below by Marc.

Just a couple of questions:

I guess it is possible to have also ternary relations between sequences, e.g.
Axxxxxx --is_a_convolution_of--> Ayyyyyy, Azzzzzz
or:
Axxxxxx --is_a_composition_of--> Ayyyyyy, Azzzzzz
(this latter meaning something like Axxxxxx(n) = Ayyyyyy(Azzzzzz(n)) )
or:
Axxxxxx --is_a_conjugate_of_conjugated_by_a_sequence--> Ayyyyyy, Azzzzzz
(meaning: Axxxxxx = Azzzzzz^-1(Ayyyyyy(Azzzzzz(n))),
where Azzzzzz^-1 is found via --is_inverse_of--> link,
and of course, Azzzzzz doesn't necessarily need to be unique)
?

Another questions: How to record conjectural information? With
separate keywords, e.g. as:
Axxxxxx --is_conjectured_to_be_Moebius_transform_of--> Ayyyyyy

Axxxxxx --is_conjectured_to_be_a_conjugate_of_Y_conjugated_by_some_unknown_sequence--
Ayyyyyy
(meaning: Axxxxxx = Azzzzzz^-1(Ayyyyyy(Azzzzzz(n))) for some Azzzzzz,
but where no Azzzzzz
is currently known. Also, I guess there might be cases where this can
be proved (existentially),
but still not a single Azzzzzz can be easily found.)

and how is this piece of information to be replaced, when the conjecture
is either refuted or proved?

With another such an item, like
Axxxxxx --is_proved_to_be_Moebius_transform_of--> Ayyyyyy
or
Axxxxxx --is_refuted_to_be_Moebius_transform_of--> Ayyyyyy
which will have a priority over --is_conjectured_to_be...--> type
keyword?

That is, how the system is specified/expected to manage knowledge
whose veracity status might change in the future?
(Also, because of say, a changing starting offset, e.g.:
Axxxxxx --is_Moebius_transform_of--> Ayyyyyy
which then has to be changed to:
Axxxxxx --is_Moebius_transform_of_left_shifted--> Ayyyyyy
if Ayyyyyy's starting offset grows by one, and what is
then the inverse of this relation?)

But, if done well, then there could be a possibility for
automatic generation of code, starting from simple definitions
with machine-readable formulae (e.g. some non-proprietary
mathematical or declarative programming language/notation),
together with an extensive web of such relations.

Just my two cents,

Antti Karttunen