[seqfan] Re: Any other thoughts, opinions on (in)finiteness of A020995?

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Tue Mar 20 02:18:13 CET 2012

When one looks at a graph of "Goldbach's comet", one "sees" the extreme
unlikelihood that the comet will ever touch the x-axis, providing a
counterexample to Goldbach's conjecture.

Perhaps a similar plot would give one a feeling for the likelihood that
A020995 is complete. I suggest plotting

     Plot A: y = digitsum(fib(x))
     Plot B: Line y = cx where c = 4.5 log_10(phi) = .9404443811...
     Plot C: y = x

for, say, 0 <= x <= 10000.

I suspect that Plot A will appear as a "Fibonacci digit sum comet"
hovering around line B, and that line C will eventually wander far
enough away from the comet's "tail" that one would be extremely
confident that there will be no more collisions.