[seqfan] Re: Bad sequences for passwords

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 19:24:34 CEST 2012

By the frivolous theorem of arithmetic, humans could be around for
trillions of years and still not generate any significant fraction of
infinity. Of course to us on a purely subjective level, the barrage of
irrelevant status updates might as well be infinite.

Of course passwords must be not only finite, but short. But Chris
nevertheless makes a good point about hiding in plain sight. If hackers are
busy thinking my password is my dog's name, they might not think to try the
first few odd-indexed prime numbers (A031368 <http://oeis.org/A031368>) or
maybe even the Fibonacci numbers.

Al

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Harvey P. Dale <hpd1 at nyu.edu> wrote:

>            I think it is actually unlikely that "human beings have by
> now generated most of infinity." J
>

>                Best,
>
>            Harvey

Alonso del Arte