[seqfan] Re: nxn grids colored black and white

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 02:03:29 CEST 2012

Nice sequence! I assume 41 is a typo, and you meant to say 51?

If the 51 is correct then this is probably a new sequence, and I hope you
will work out one or two more terms and submit it

This is counting orbits under the action of group, so Polya's theory
will in principle give the answer

Or maybe Ron Hardin can modify one of his programs to compute it.

The movie of the 3x3 solutions is hard to follow - for
my part I would have found a single still picture of all 51
easier to study.

Best regards

Neil