[seqfan] partition of a circle

wl at particle.uni-karlsruhe.de wl at particle.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri May 11 09:10:57 CEST 2012

Maybe one should also include the rule:
There has to be at least one line segment (edge) connecting each
internal node Q  to a boundary node P. This would exclude Andrews n=3
and n=5 graphs, and also Andrew's n=5 graph with all of the four
'outer' Qs connected to some Ps (now n=8), but the 'central' node Q is
not connected to any P. Such a  central Q is never connectable to any P
  (planarity).

I have written yesterday to one of the authors (T. Zamfirescu at
Dortmund TH) my zeroth order guess of the rules, and asked him for a
definition of 'Jordan domain' on a euclidean plane E_2 (maybe some fans
can here help also). I am waiting for his answer.

Wolfdieter Lang