[seqfan] Polynomials from a Carlitz-Riordan paper

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Tue May 15 20:32:46 CEST 2012

In the paper
Carlitz, L.; Riordan, John. Enumeration of some two-line arrays by extent.
J. Combinatorial Theory Ser. A 10 1971 271--283. MR0274301(43 #66)
tthere are some polynomials p_{n-1,n-1} defined in Section 3, along with a
recurrence in (3.14).
I However, I could not get the recurrence to work, so I just
 entered the first few coefficients as a triangle, A212207.
  Maybe someone could puzzle out what the correct recurrence is.
  Incidentally the coefficients of the polynomials A_n(x) = a_{n,n}(x)
which appear in (3.14) are the Narayama numbers
A001263<https://oeis.org/A001263>
.
  Neil
--
Dear Friends, I have now retired from AT&T. New coordinates:

11 South Adelaide Avenue, Highland Park, NJ 08904, USA
Email: njasloane at gmail.com