[seqfan] Four Tildes -- an issue

Harvey P. Dale hpd1 at nyu.edu
Sun May 20 12:33:14 CEST 2012

            Thanks to those who explained how to use four tildes (~~~~)
to enter name and date.  I've been complying with that protocol.  There
is, however, a formatting issue that arises: if the four tildes don't
end the line, it appears that they aren't recognized by the server and
are not transformed into name and date.  On the other hand, if they are
the last characters on the line, it appears to be impossible to surround
the name and date entry with brackets or other formatting.

            I think it is desired (and desirable) for name and date in
Mma program fields to be surrounded by "(*" and "*)" but the four tildes
don't seem to permit that easily.  In certain other fields, it is
desired (and desirable) for name and date to be surrounded by square
brackets.  Of course, re-editing the sequence would allow one to do
these things manually, but that's a bit tedious.  I wonder whether the
proper formatting for each particular field could be supplied by the
server (i.e., by Russ's programming)?

            Best,

            Harvey