[seqfan] 4 tildes?

Harvey P. Dale hpd1 at nyu.edu
Mon May 21 20:59:07 CEST 2012

	When entering a Mma program, if it is followed by 4 tildes then,
when the sequence is saved, the 4 tildes are changed (in my case) into
"Harvey P. Dale, May 21 2012."  The bad news is that the quoted text is
not surrounded by "(*" and "*)" as probably it should be.  Pending some
possible programming fix for this from Russ, I have two choices:

1.  Give up on the 4 tildes and insert the full text (as quoted in the
first sentence above), or

2.  Use the 4 tildes, save the changes, and then go back in and re-edit
that field to surround the 4-tildes-generated text with parentheses and
asterisks.

The latter is slower and more tedious than the former, so I would much
prefer the former.

	The question then becomes: is there any reason that it would be
preferable to use the 4-tildes route, i.e., is there some
OEIS-beneficial functionality that is served by using the 4 tildes
rather than the full text quoted above?

	Thanks.

	Harvey