[seqfan] new sequences needing more terms

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Wed May 30 17:24:05 CEST 2012

Dear Seq Fans, I have been looking through old journals, and I keep
finding new sequences (the trained eye sees sequences everywhere).

Several of them need more terms - e.g. A212814. This is related to the
amusing fact that
if you define a map f(n) = 1+Sum p_i*e_i for n=Prod p_i^e_i and iterate f
starting at n>=7
then eventually you reach 8 - see A036288, A212813-A212816.

There are others that need more terms. One way to see them
is to search in the OEIS for Sloane May 2012 and start at the end, around
page 146.
(There may be a better way.)

Neil

--
Dear Friends, I have now retired from AT&T. New coordinates:

11 South Adelaide Avenue, Highland Park, NJ 08904, USA
Email: njasloane at gmail.com